Saturday, August 1, 2009

Have a hair question!?

I am a 22 yr old guy and am concerned for my locks! My scalp itches most of the day and when I scratch hair comes off in my hands or if I pull every so gently hair comes out. I do not have serious dandruff but some white flakes are noticable when I scratch. Does this mean I am begining to loose my hair? I used to spike it up and now am afraid to do so because my scalp is now visible.



Also does brushing your hair at least once a day help hair in any way? (sorry for the rhyme scheme)



Are there any side-effects with propecia? Will that help with making my hair thicker in any way?



I am trying to make an apponitment with a dermotologist but I won't be able to see her for a couple weeks, and am worried that I am in a race against the clock! Please help!!!



Have a hair question!?

Don't loose your cool yet. You could be suffering from psoriasis (a treatable skin condition) or even an alergic reaction to all the products you've used. Try washing your hair with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water to avoid further irritating your scalp.Remember to massage gently- don't scratch. Forget styling products for awhile, at least until you've seen the dermatologist. She will rule out other possibilities (like thyroid trouble) based on your symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment