Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ladies with long hair, do you have more hair loss in the fall/winter months, or as you age?

I am 47, I do have hypothyroidism, which I am on Thyroid medication for and I just had my blood work done, and according to that, I am on the right dose. I had a lot of hair loss before I was diagnosed, and then it got a lot better.



It seems like every time I wash or brush my hair, I am losing more than I should be. I have never had my hair this long before. (mid-to lowerback) So I'm just wondering if it is a seasonal thing, a hormonal thing because I am perimenopausal and I know my hormones are all screwed up, or is this normal?



I almost feel like I'm on Chemotherepy sometimes when I wash my hair, because it comes out in handfulls, probably guessing 50 or so strands at a time. I do have very fine somewhat wavy hair. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I have found that Aussie products work best for me, and it's in my price range.



Help me please?



Ladies with long hair, do you have more hair loss in the fall/winter months, or as you age?

Well I'm not 47, but I do have hypothyroidism and even if you're on the medicine, you can still lose a lot of hair. not as much as before, but it's definitely evident. and don't worry haha, i shed like a dog. my hair gets EVERYWHERE. i'm pretty sure it's a common thing, and I do shed more in the winter as opposed to summer, but i think hair is overall healthier in the summer. but it shouldn't cause to have hair loss or anything to that extent, but if you notice that your hair is getting thinner, or it's falling out more than it should, you should ask your doctor for his/her opinion.



hope this helps!



also, try prenatal vitamins, and drinking water instead of soda. simple things like that, and you'll notice your hair improving in it's quality.



Ladies with long hair, do you have more hair loss in the fall/winter months, or as you age?

It's pretty normal for you to lose 50 to 100 strands per day. We all lose about that much per day no matter the age, but our hair does tend to thin out as we age. It just sounds like normal aging is a factor, but if you are concerned you could visit a dermetologist or ask your doctor about it. Below is a site that will give you more info on hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment