Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Should I relax/chemically straighten my hair? Just looking for some feedback?

Ok, my hair just about hits my shoulders, and each strand isnt necessarilly super thick, but i have a LOT of hair and its really curly and frizzy when i let it air dry, but if I brush my hair, the curls just flatten out and my hair becomes a half-wavy half-curly, frizzy messy MESS. lol . I've tried straightening shampoos and products and things but blowdrying and then flat-ironing my hair takes forever. So I found out that it is possible to get your hair chemically relaxed and it sounds so amazing! But i just wanted to know if its really bad for your hair, and how much it would cost for shoulder length-hair. I've heard it lasts about six months. Just wanted some feedback :-)



Should I relax/chemically straighten my hair? Just looking for some feedback?

Reading your question I say: OHMIGOD THAT'S ME.



And I got the chemically relaxed done, and I have the same hair type as you - 'cept a bit longer. and it's been over 6 months and my hair is still straight!



But, my mom isn't letting me get it done again, she said maybe in a couple years you can get it done.



So I will be stuck straightening my hair every other night for 40 minutes again. =(



However, my cousin is a hair dresser and said it's really bad for your hair ... because imagine, your hair is staying straight for half a year with CHEMICALS, imagine how strong they are!



I was disapointed to hear this because I LOVE it, and my hair feels totally healthier! I don't even need to comb my hair after my shower, it just goes straight! It saves so much time! I'm gonna' be so sad when it is thick and poofy again. I LOVED IT. Get it done and try it out!



Should I relax/chemically straighten my hair? Just looking for some feedback?

Just dont brush your hair! It sounds horrible, but it does work! When my hair was longer, it was frizzy and horrible, then i didnt brush it.. and i moussed it when it was wet, and it looked gorgeous!



Should I relax/chemically straighten my hair? Just looking for some feedback?

chemically straightening your hair ruins it. It makes it even frizzier, and uglier. I have really curly hair and its also frizzy use garnier fructis sleek and shine leave in conditioner. It helped me-a lot.



Should I relax/chemically straighten my hair? Just looking for some feedback?

That is sooo bad for your hair, what it basically does is strip away the proteins and things like that in your hair and it will make your hair weak and unwell.



Should I relax/chemically straighten my hair? Just looking for some feedback?

my friend got her hair frizzy, poofy hair relaxed and it looks soo much better. i heard it was pretty expensive though and made her hair very dry. she gets it done about 3 times a year and it coasts the same amount every time she goes, but it does look great.



Should I relax/chemically straighten my hair? Just looking for some feedback?

its really expensive, you can't color your hair and relax it, and its really bad for your hair.



My suggestion is get the blue bottles of pureology shampoo and conditoner, a chi, and the chi silk infusion cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment