Thursday, July 23, 2009

Is this brush safe to dry my hair? would love your advice :-)?

I wanted a round bursh to style my hair at home.



so I bought this brush that is labeled as "extra large thermal round brush". it's a combination of natural boar and nylon bristles. it says that the metal barrel retains heat for faster drying and styling.



I haven't used it yet, but now I am getting afraid that the "metal" will cause damage to my hair. I have blond highlighted hair.



thanks a lot!



Is this brush safe to dry my hair? would love your advice :-)?

The metal in the brush will not cause damage to your hair so relax! But over drying it will so be carefull . I would say wait at leats 20 min after you get out of the shower to blowdry and use a thremal heat activiated protector in you hair before you do anything to it.



Is this brush safe to dry my hair? would love your advice :-)?

I just asked my stylist about a brush and she told me



to comb my hair with a large spaced comb and dry it



slowly. Then use the brush after your hair dries a bit.



The brush can tangle your hair and break off the ends.



Is this brush safe to dry my hair? would love your advice :-)?

That sounds like the type of brush my stylist uses. I am also a blonde with highlights. The metal barrel helps transfer some of the heat to your hair. The brush itself is okay, but if you use a high heat setting be careful not to overdry your hair. Better yet, get your hair mostly dry first. Then switch to the medium or low heat and low speed settings to style.



Is this brush safe to dry my hair? would love your advice :-)?

Brushes are basically not the best thing for your hair...That brush that you describe sounds like it might tangle up in your hair...since I do not know the length of your hair and if it is very long, you will be looking for trouble. Any nylon bristles are bad for the hair...they break the hair if not used properly...the boar bristles are better, but sometimes too "soft" to get through the hair...long, medium,or short. The metal barrel I do not think is harmful unless you directly put the dryer on it .Use a wide-toothed COMB while hair is (towel-dried) wetness and then for styling ,with a dryer or not, use a round brush to complete process. Always use a light "leave-on" conditioner in your hair when you use a blow-dryer. It will protect the hair and add shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment